Sugar Free Pickled Red Onion (Whole30 & Paleo)
I love pickled onions. They are such an easy way to add color to any dish and add a pop of flavor. I keep them in my fridge all the time and add them on eggs, tacos, soups and salads. Many recipes use sugar to pickle the onions but this recipe is sugar-free and just as good!
If you are looking of recipes that go well with pickled onions, try my Instant Pot White Chicken Chili, Oven Roasted Chicken Shawarma or Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup.
When storing your pickled onion, always use glass storage instead of plastic. Glass is impermeable, non-porous, and where plastic containers are made with chemicals like BPA and PVC (phthalates) which make their way into your beautifully prepared food. Some good glass storage options are Ello Duraglass, Bayco and Razab.
Try it out and let me know what you think!
Sugar Free Pickled Red Onion (Whole30 & Paleo)Print Recipe
- 2 red onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- Combine all the ingredients except for the onions in a jar and mix thoroughly.
- Add onions in pickling liquid.
- Onions will be finished pickling when they are soft and bright purple.
- Put in fridge and enjoy! Best used over tacos, salads, eggs or anything that needs a pop of flavor.