The instant pot is the easiest way to make a tasty soup and this Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is no exception. It is so nice because you just throw all the ingredients into the post and can get going with the rest of your day. Sometimes if I have time during a lunch break, I will make this recipe and then let it stay on the “keep warm” setting until it’s time to eat dinner. This recipe is also good if you are having guests over and want a hearty way to satisfy everyone, just double the recipe and keep the cooking time the same.
If you don’t already have an Instant Pot, I highly recommend the investment. We use it at least twice a week and it cuts cooking times down significantly and can make food taste like it has been simmering all day. You can use it for soups, rice, stews, meats, hard boiled eggs and even just steaming vegetables. If you need more instant pot recipes, visit my Instant Pot Blog Section for some more ideas and inspiration. Happy Instant Potting!
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup (Whole30 & Paleo)Print Recipe
- Instant Pot
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 red bell peppers diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jalapeno deseeded and minced
- 2 32 oz boxes of bone broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- dash of cayenne
- 2 15 oz cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 13.5 oz can of coconut cream
- Juice from 1 lime
- Cilantro, avocado & coconut cream for garnish
- Turn instant pot on sauté mode. Add onions and bell peppers and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic cloves and sauté for one more minute.
- Add in chicken breasts, jalapeño, dry spices, chicken broth and crushed tomatoes.
- Pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, quick release and add coconut cream and stir. Set to sauté and add coconut cream and bring to a boil until coconut cream in incorporated.
- Add lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with cilantro, avocado, coconut cream or any desired toppings.