I love soup year round but especially this Instant Pot Creamy Cauliflower Mushroom and Chicken Soup during the fall. I created this recipe because I wanted to make a mushroom soup that had some addition protein and some hidden cauliflower! I love the consistency of the added cauliflower and arrowroot to make this recipe more creamy. And the instant pot makes this recipe super quick and easy to make. Give it a try and let me know your thoughts!
Instant Pot Creamy Cauliflower Mushroom and Chicken Soup (Whole30, Paleo & Keto)Print Recipe
- Instant Pot
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 16 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1/2 head cauliflower diced
- 6 cups chicken broth or bone broth
- 3/4 tsp thyme
- 4 chicken breasts organic
- 3 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Green onion to garnish
- Set instant pot to Sauté mode. Once heated, add 1 ½ tbsp of olive oil to pot. Add mushrooms and sauté for 5-8 minutes until soft and water from mushrooms has been released. Remove mushrooms and juices into a separate bowl and set aside.
- While the instant pot is still on sauté mode, add remaining 1 ½ tbsp of olive oil into the pot. Once oil is hot, add yellow onion and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring often. When onions are translucent, add cauliflower and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Turn the instant pot off and add broth, thyme, chicken and juice from mushrooms (not the actual mushrooms) to the onions and cauliflower. Seal the lid, and pressure cook for 20 minutes. When time is up, quick-release the pressure, being careful not to burn yourself.
- Once pressure is released, remove chicken and shred.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the contents left in the instant pot. Adding one tablespoon at a time, add arrowroot and continue to blend the mixture until all the arrowroot is added. Once blended thoroughly, the soup should have thickened.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms back into the instant pot and stir. Add the coconut milk into the pot and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm, top with chives or green onion and enjoy!