Instant Pot salsa chicken is literally the easiest way to make a healthy dinner. I love to eat mine in a taco salad with veggies and avocado. What is fun about this recipe is you can switch up the type of salsa you use and change the flavor of the chicken. The pressure cooker makes the chicken so juicy and really easy to shred.
Make sure to watch the ingredients when picking what salsa brand you use or you can use a homemade salsa! Some brands that are easy to find at the stores are Herdez Salsa Casera Medium, Herdez Salsa Verde Mild, Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde, Muir Glen Organic Salsa and 365 by Whole Foods Market. There are many more out there that are delicious. I also like to use the Primal Palate Taco Seasoning with this recipe.
This also is a great leftover so make sure to double the recipe if you want extras. It is also is a great meal prep option to make for the whole week. Leave a review below when you try out this recipe!
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken (Whole30 & Paleo)Print Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts organic
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning I like Primal Palate brand
- 16 oz salsa be careful with ingredients if following whole30
- Put ½ cup salsa in the instant pot. Then add chicken breasts on top of the salsa.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken and salsa.
- Add remaining salsa to the instant pot and seal the instant pot to the sealing sealing position.
- Pressure cook for 15 minutes. When finished, allow instant pot to natural release for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and shred using two forks.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot and stir with remaining salsa/liquid.
- Serve with your favorite tacos toppings!