Main Course | Paleo | Recipes
Turmeric and Lime Shrimp Curry (Whole30 and Paleo)
I love making this Turmeric and Lime Shrimp Curry when I am craving a curry but want something that is quickly thrown together. It has a fun tangy flavor but is full of nutrients and has turmeric which is very healing and has lots of antioxidants. I also love the addition of cilantro in this recipe. This recipe could also be used with any protein, just make sure the protein is fully cooked and then follow the same steps!
If you are looking for another shrimp recipe, give my Cilantro Lime Shrimp recipe a try.
Give this recipe a try and leave a review below!
Turmeric and Lime Shrimp Curry (Whole30 and Paleo)Print Recipe
- 1/2 lb organic shrimp (260 g) peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 bell pepper, any color diced
- 1 large shallot diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced or grated
- 1 small chili pepper or 1/2 jalapeño deseeded and minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 bunch cilantro/coriander (100g)
- 1 can coconut milk (13.5 oz or 400 ml)
- Juice from 3 limes
- Red pepper to garnish optional
- In a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to the pan and sear for 2-3 minutes each side. Make sure that the shrimp is in a single layer and not overlapping. Cook shrimp in two batches if there is not enough room in the pan. Remove cooked shrimp from the pan and set aside until later.
- Add an additional tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan. Add bell peppers and shallots to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes until vegetables soften. Add garlic, ginger, salt, ground pepper and chili pepper to the pan and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add coconut milk, cilantro, lime juice and turmeric to the pan and stir well. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes to allow flavors to combine. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked shrimp back into the curry and stir well.
- Serve immediately over rice or cauliflower rice and top with red pepper flakes and fresh cilantro.