Breakfast | Main Course | Paleo | Recipes
Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash (Whole30 & Paleo)
Is there anything better than a Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash for a weekend brunch? I love any excuse to make a brunch, especially this sweet potato hash. Its filling, colorful and the pesto drizzle is the perfect touch. You can add any other vegetables you have on hand or just keep it simple.
If you are looking for a “clean” store bought pesto, the Seggiano Fresh Basil Pesto is Whole30 complaint or it is easy to make a homemade version.
Let me know what you think in the reviews below!
Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash (Whole30 & Paleo)Print Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potato chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 lb sugar free bacon or pancetta diced
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp dairy free pesto
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes omit for less spicy
- Cut bacon into small pieces. Heat pan at medium and cook bacon until crispy. Pull bacon out of pan and drain all but 1 tbs bacon fat. Sauté onions and bell peppers until onions are translucent. Sprinkle with a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a pan at medium heat. Add the chopped sweet potatoes with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine and cook uncovered until sweet potatoes begin to brown.
- Cover the sweet potato pan and stir occasionally until potatoes are soft and brown.
- Add the cooked bacon, onions and bell peppers to the cooked sweet potatoes and stir to combine.
- Top the hash with your favorite type of egg (I prefer fried on my hash!)
- Drizzle your favorite whole30 pesto over top and enjoy!