Paleo Turkey Burgers (Whole30, Keto and Paleo)
If you are looking for a guilt free way to eat a delicious burger, this Paleo Turkey Burger recipe is the way to do it. Wrapped in lettuce and topped with all your favorite toppings, you wont even miss the bun on this burger. And the best part is, you wont feel heavy and gross after finishing your meal. I personally enjoy topping my turkey burger with smashed avocado, a fried egg and fresh tomatoes. My fiancé loves melting a little cheddar on top of this recipe and also enjoys some pickles with it too.
Most turkey burgers that I have made in the past are dry and fall apart, but this recipe keeps the meat extra moist and packed full of flavor. When picking a turkey meat, I personally always pick an organic turkey with at least 5% fat. Anything leaner is typically dry and lacks flavor. And I ALWAYS buy organic meat when possible to avoid consuming pesticides and hormones that are put in the traditional kind.
Give this recipe a shot and let me know what you think!
Paleo Turkey Burgers (Whole30, Keto and Paleo)Print Recipe
- 12 baby bella mushrooms diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 lbs ground turkey (600 g turkey mince) 5% fat or more
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper.
- 1 egg
- Desired toppings: fried egg, avocado, tomatoes, onion slices
- Sauté the diced mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Once mushrooms have begun softening, add soy sauce and stir. Sauté mushrooms with the soy sauce for about 3 more minutes or until soy sauce is almost fully dissolved.
- Add the minced bell pepper, onion and garlic to pan with salt and pepper. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions and pepper have softened.
- Remove veggies from the heat and allow to cool.
- Once the veggies have cooled, combine the sautéed vegetables with the ground turkey and egg to a large mixing bowl. Mix gently with your hands until the veggies are evenly distributed through the turkey meat.
- With hand, form the burgers into patties, recipe should make about 6-8 patties.
- Heat a pan to medium high heat with an additional tablespoon of olive oil. Sear patties for 5 to 6 minutes per side, until cooked through. If patties are getting too brown, cover the pan with a lid for 2 minutes each side to avoid browning while continuing to cook the burgers.
- Serve burgers in a lettuce wrap with desired topping and enjoy!