I created this Chickpea and Kidney Bean Salad with Feta in honor of warmer weather and barbecues in the near future. I love having a cold crunchy salad on a hot day and I love it even more if its paired with freshly grilled meat off the barbecue. I love prepping this ahead of time and then putting it in the fridge to serve later in the day. It is also a great option to meal prep and bring along to work, to a picnic or to a friends house as a side dish.
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think in the reviews below!
Chickpea and Kidney Bean Salad with FetaPrint Recipe
- 1 small red onions diced
- 1 medium bell peppers diced
- 1 cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cans kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno pepper deseeded and minced
- 1 avocado cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until well combined.
- In a large bowl, mix together all salad ingredients and stir carefully until combined. Drizzle with dressing and mix. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.