This paleo chocolate chip banana bread is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth without compromising your health. You will not believe that there is really no sugar added, just the banana! I love to make this on the weekends as a sweet treat and your whole family will thank you. Make sure to use extra ripe bananas to have the extra sweetness and banana flavor that you see in a typical banana bread.
As for the chocolate chips, I really like to use Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips or Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips depending on what diet you’re following. And if you’re not a chocolate lover, just skip the chocolate chips.
For other fun ways to curb your sweet tooth, see my Healthy Treats Section for some simple and healthy recipes. Give the recipe a try and leave a review below!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (No Added Sugar)Print Recipe
- 3 large overripe bananas mashed well
- 4 eggs whisked
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 1/2 cups blanced almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips make sure to use paleo / keto / vegan chocolate chips, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a medium loaf pan with parchment paper (or oil with coconut oil).
- In a bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and mashed bananas, then vanilla and coconut oil until well combined.
- Slowly whisk the dry mixture into the wet mixture until combined. Do not use a hand mixer.
- Once combined, stir in chocolate chips, if using.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan. Bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes until bread is golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the loaf pan resting on a wire rack.
- Slice bread & enjoy!