There is nothing better than soup on a cold day and this Instant Pot White Chicken Chili is a perfect recipe to warm you up. The soup is creamy and flavorful and is packed full of veggies and protein. Don’t skimp on the toppings because they are a key part to this soup. You can adjust the spiciness of this soup by keeping the jalapeño seeds in for a spicier soup or skipping the jalapeño all together for something more mild. If you like this recipe, you will also love my Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup which is also Whole30 and paleo!
If you want to serve this recipe with tortilla chips, I suggest giving Siete Grain Free Tortilla Chips a try. These tortilla chips have clean ingredients and give the soup a fun crunch if you sprinkle them on top. They also make Grain Free Tortillas which is also a great addition to this meal. Give the recipe a try and leave a review below!
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili (Whole30 & Paleo)Print Recipe
- Instant Pot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 celery stalks sliced
- 1 bell pepper any color, sliced
- 1 jalapeno deseeded, minced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups chicken broth or bone broth
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder can adjust for thicker soup
- Juice of 2 limes
- Toppings: cilantro, green onions, avocado, lime slices
- Turn the instant pot on sauté mode and add olive oil to the pot. When the oil is hot add onions, celery and bell peppers and sauté for 3 minutes. Stir in garlic cloves and jalapeño and sauté for one more minute.
- Add in chicken breasts, dry spices and chicken broth. Close and lock the lid, set the valve to sealing and select pressure cook or manual on high for 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, quick release and add coconut milk and stir. Set to sauté and add coconut cream and bring to a boil until coconut milk is incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the arrowroot with ½ cup of cold water to make a slurry. When all of the arrowroot is incorporated in the water and there are no clumps, whisk slurry into the soup. Let soup simmer and thicken for 2 minutes.
- Add lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with cilantro, green onions, avocado, additional lime, coconut cream or any desired toppings.