My Roasted Butternut Squash and Apple Soup is a perfect comforting meal on almost every diet. It is Whole30, Paleo, Vegan and Gluten Free. It’s a creamy soup that is both savory and sweet, your spoon will keep going back for more. Butternut squash is typically in season early fall through winter and it is so good. If it is intimidating for you to cook with, just try this recipe out and it will change your mind!
I top everything from my eggs to my soup with Everything But the Bagel Seasoning from Trader Joe’s. It is salty, crunchy and the perfect savory topping. I also like to mix in just a dash of coconut cream because it adds a nutty taste to the soup and is an easy way to get a healthy fat into the meal! Make sure to be careful with the ingredients on canned coconut cream because many have additives and fillers that are unnecessary!
Roasted Butternut Squash and Apple Soup (Whole30 & Paleo)Print Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil or melted ghee
- 1 butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 1 apple peeled and cubed
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 2.5 cup vegetable broth or bone broth if not vegan
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Coconut cream for garnish
- Everything but the bagel seasoning for garnish
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven 400°F (200°C). Place butternut squash, yellow onion, apple and garlic clove on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Roast for 35 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool. Place roasted veggies and apples in a food processor with broth and seasonings. Blend until all ingredients are smooth. Depending on desired consistency, add more broth for thinner soup and less for a thicker consistency. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and garnish with coconut cream, everything but the bagel seasoning and fresh basil.