When you’re looking for a salty and savory soup to warm you up, this Miso and Prawn Rice Noodle Soup is the perfect recipe for you. It has a yummy umami flavor from the mushrooms, a crunch from the bok choy and sprouts and some spice from the chilis. It’s really a fun way to change up a boring meal into something that everyone will love. This recipe could be done with other protein or tofu for those that are vegan. Just add cooked meat or tofu in at the very end and enjoy!
Miso and Prawn Rice Noodle Soup (Gluten Free)Print Recipe
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 small shallots diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1500 ml chicken broth
- 2 thai chilis minced, optional
- 9 oz chestnut mushrooms (250 g) thinly sliced
- 8 oz vermicelli rice noodles (225 g)
- 3 baby bok choy (135 g) ends removed
- 1/2 lb king prawns (450 g) peeled and deveined
- Toppings: beansprouts, fresh cilantro, limes, toasted sesame seeds, green onions, soft boiled egg
- In a large pot, heat sesame oil on medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, shallots, and miso paste to the pot. Mix together and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar and mushrooms to the pot and stir well. Allow mushrooms to soften for about 3 minutes.
- Pour broth into the pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the chilis and rice noodles and reduce heat to medium. Allow soup to simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add the bok choy to simmering soup and cook until the greens are just wilted, about 2 minutes more.
- Drop the prawns into simmering broth. 30 seconds after adding the prawns, remove the pot from the heat and serve immediately.
- Garnish with beansprouts, fresh cilantro, limes, toasted sesame seeds, green onions and soft boiled egg and enjoy!