If you love something sweet for breakfast, this Sweet Potato Banana & Nut Butter Toast is the perfect option for you. This toast recipe is super filling and has a good balance of fruit, veggies and a healthy fat! I also like this as a dessert option or a midday snack if I am craving something a little sweet but filling.
When choosing a nut butter, it is super important to read the ingredients. Most nut butters are filled with sugar and highly processed oils are damaging to your health. You may have to pay a little more of a cleaner brand but it is totally worth it when it comes to your health. Some of my favorite brands are Georgia Grinders Original Almond Butter, Artisana Raw Organic Almond Butter, Trader Joe’s Organic Creamy Salted Almond Butter and my favorite Santa Cruz Creamy Light Roasted Peanut Butter. Nut butters really only need to have 2 ingredients, nuts and salt!
For other sweet breakfast ideas, try my Apple and Cinnamon Instant Pot Oatmeal!
Sweet Potato Banana & Nut Butter Toast (Whole30, Vegan & Paleo)Print Recipe
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 banana sliced
- sprinkle of cinnamon & chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut Sweet potato into ¼ “ to ½” slices (0.65 to 1.3cm).
- Lay sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle olive oil over all slices, brush evenly over top.
- Bake sweet potato slices for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Top with your favorite sugar free nut butter, a sprinkle of chia seeds, cinnamon and banana!