This Roasted Bell Pepper, Onion and Chickpea Tahini Quinoa Salad is a simple and fun way to switch up your salad recipes. It stores really great and is perfect for a healthy meal prep, a side dish for a party or a healthy weeknight meal. My fiancé said this is one of my favorite salads that I have made for him. I made a large batch and he ate it all in just a few short days, guess I know to make even more next time!
My favorite way to cook quinoa is to cook it in broth. It adds an extra level of flavor and if you cook it in bone broth, you’re adding protein and nutrients into the quinoa as well. Because quinoa is a type of grain, it is most nutritious if prepared properly. It needs to be soaked so that the phytic acid (an anti nutrient) is removed from the grain before consuming.
Preparing quinoa to remove phytic acid:
- Place 2 cups of quinoa into a large mixing bowl and cover with 6 cups of water.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
- Leave at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Drain, rinse, and then cook as usual.
Also try my Greek Quinoa Salad. Please leave a rating and a review below!
Roasted Bell Pepper, Onion and Chickpea Tahini Quinoa SaladPrint Recipe
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (370 g)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 can chickpeas (drained)
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta (100 g)
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp filtered water
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat for easy clean up.
- On baking sheet, spread the chopped bell pepper, onion and drained chickpeas and drizzle with 2 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake bell pepper, onion and chickpeas for 15-20 minutes until chickpeas are slightly browned and veggies are soft. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large bowl combine cooked quinoa, veggies, chickpeas, feta and dill. Drizzle with dressing a toss to combine!